Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Milestone Moment- Place

     Tae Kwon Doe is a sport that I can execute while performing. It taught me self-defense, discipline, and respect to my friends and family. I was enhanced lightning-fast speed, and an increase of strength. However, my quickness to dodge and counter attacks proved to be useless against my fellow black belt, David. David graduated from brown to black belt the same time I did, but David was about 10x my size. He was stronger than me, but I was faster than me. His increased weight was suppose to demolish a breakaway board, but he ended up demolishing me.
     Another incident happened before this did. We were playing a basic game when I was probably a Red belt when he struck his elbow to my face. Wanting not to make a situation, I got up immediately. This time however, was more worse than when the San Diego Chargers loss the Super Bowl to the San Fransisco 49ers. I was told to hold the board for the Black belts to leap forward and side kick it. After completing most of them, David was one of the last to go. After almost a million people went, it was finally his turn.
     David aimed straight for the middle I thought, but I was wrong. He targeted the top in an incorrect fashion, kicking the board straight into my head. After a numerous amount of chain reactions occurred at the scene, the board snapped back, slapping my face with full force. At first I was just knocked out, but then a bruise started to swell, and my bruise turned black and blue and as swelled up as you do when you eat a lemon-head.
     I was sure I was dead in a matter of seconds but my life was spared until another time. I didn't want to wait another class to practice, so I continued kicking and punching with a greater velocity and powered by rage. It became one of my most "what if" topics to think about, but I know that gave me a wake up call to pay more attention and put more effort into when I spar with my classmates. I needed this to happen.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment